Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Meta

About Eric’s Wife

Some may say I am a "Stay at home Mom," but that is not even close. I am Eric's Wife. I have exhilarating strokes of genius, followed almost immediately by paralyzing pangs of self doubt and, for whatever reason, here is where I blog about it - warts and all. I serve a merciful God with a clumsy hand and at the end of each day I go to sleep thankful to be His servant and Eric's wife.

I’ll Show You Ninja

August 1, 2008

The recent months have seen Eric and I with a great bounty of time with each other.  After so long of not seeing him for more than ten minutes a day, I think it is fair to say that we have just about caught up on anything of value to discuss.

As evidenced by recent talk at Taco Bell while Sarah watched our kids for an impromptu date night.

Eric:  Morals aside, I think I would make an awesome super villain.

Me:  I could see that.  Would you grow a mustache that you could tweak?

Eric:  I don’t know.  I think I would first have to figure out what my super villain persona would be.  Like the Joker, but that’s taken.

Me:  So’s penguins, so that can’t be your thing.

Eric:  What about you?  What’s your super villain persona?

Me:  I’d be a ninja.

Eric:  You can’t be a ninja.  Ninjas are very high energy.

Me:  Ouch, dude.  I thought we were fantasizing.  Why you gotta be like that?

Eric:  Let’s be realistic.  We are leaving Taco Bell right now and we are going to be super villains.

Me:  I see.  So we are going at it with what we got?

Eric:  Yes.  I think your power should be some creepy psychological thing where you get in people’s heads and make them crazy.  You’d be really good at that.

Me:  What about money?

Eric:  We steal it.  We’ll never run out.

Me:  So, what if I start out with the creepy psychological thing until I have enough money for ninja lessons?

Eric:  That’d work.  I’m not saying you could never be a ninja, just not right away.

Me:  Good.  Because I don’t want to be a super villain with you if I can’t be a ninja.

Moral of the story: Stay in school.  Have a plan.

15 responses to “I’ll Show You Ninja”

1. Susan says:

All I have to say, is there has to be a video of you and the ninja.

2. Eric's Wife says:

There is no me AND ninja. If you’ve seen me, you’ve seen ninja. If you’ve seen ninja, you’re going down.

3. Susan says:

Ok, maybe I should have said you “as” the ninja.

4. Eric's Wife says:

That’s better. People get all lax and forget to have a little ninja fear. Ninjas are a force to be reckoned with.

5. mister E says:

hmm, maybe you could use your psychological powers to convince him that you are a ninja, and if they are strong enough you could even convince yourself!

6. Thanks for my morning dose of laughter!

7. Such a great conversation. I think my hubs and I have had a similar one. We always like to try out Neo’s moves from The Matrix. We’re not very good at it.

8. You can totally be a ninja right now. In fact, you are.

9. Eric's Wife says:

Are you referencing my ground breaking post equating a homemaker with a ninja? Because I think you are.

10. Kim Heinecke says:

You’d make one rockin’ ninja fo sho.

11. Kevin says:

Fear the Ninja. She will withhold pizza until all chores are done

12. Oh, and by the way, I forgot to mention before….. I’m married to a ninja. Really. Check it out…

(He’s the one in all black) 🙂

13. Eric's Wife says:

Kevin, it’s fine if you want to leave comments here, but don’t go around spreading vicious lies about me on my very own blog. I would NEVER withhold pizza. Unless the house needs cleaning and there’s a sibling to bribe.

HaHa, Heather. That poor monkey. I bet he never saw it coming.

14. Jenni says:

You so funny.

Who would win in a cage fight: a pirate, or a ninja?

I think it’s best to be a ninja-pirate, just in case.

15. deleise says: