Sweet Angie Caswell nominated me for a Liebster award. I did a little Google searching to find out what on earth that is, and it turns out that Liebster means “dearest” in German. How sweet is that? Anywho, Angie set me up with a list of ten questions and I aim to answer them. Here goes:
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure (game, TV show, snack, etc.)
I could eat four hundred Sausalito cookies in one sitting. I’ve only ever had 8 in one go, but that’s because they come in packages of 8.
2. How do you hope your blog impacts others?
I hope it makes people laugh, then think a little, and then laugh again.
3. What is your top moment this week (funny, happy, most memorable – whatever “best” means to you)?
I live in a super awesome and tiny house that my Dad built. My Dad was IKEA before IKEA was IKEA and there is no square inch of space that does not have a purpose. I love this little house. My top moment this week was when I invited 50+ people over to celebrate my friend’s high school graduation (one year early! what, what!) The plan was to have the party outside, but it poured rain and the whole crowd squeezed into our house and IT WORKED. High points: 1)it rained!! 2)the house spread out like a scroll and held the masses.
4. How did you overcome your worst (most disappointing, most challenging, saddest, etc.) moment this week?
I’m not proud of this, but a cold shoulder was involved. It’s all good now.
5. Where is your favorite place to visit?
I’m going to cop out on this one a little bit and say that my favorite place to visit is any place where my little family happens to be going with. I like seeing new and exciting places and my heart just about explodes when I get to do that with my family.
6. What would be your dream vacation? Where would you go, what would you see and do?
I would love to go back to Russia as a tourist instead of as a bone marrow transplant patient. I got glimpses of some of its incredible beauty and I’d like to go back and soak it in and show my kids where their Dad and I disappeared to for 6 weeks.
7. Who most inspires you in your daily routine?
People I know who keep going. Life is hard on everyone at some point and I am daily inspired by people who don’t quit. I know several of them and I smile when I think of them.
8. What is your favorite memory from any time in your life?
I don’t really have a favorite all time memory, but I’ll give you my most recent favorite. Several weeks ago I presented Luke 1-2:20 to a group of parents and kids for their LTC wrapup/kickoff. My kids have seen me do this work many times before, but this was my first ever New Testament piece. When I finished, my daughter raced up to me, while people were still clapping, and wrapped her arms around me, saying, “That’s my favorite story in the Bible! I loved watching you do that!” She is not my public expression kid and her overwhelming joy and pride is my most favorite recent memory.
9. What is your favorite time period in history?
I grew up reading the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. My favorite time period in history is the romanticized version of the 1800s. I’m not sure I would enjoy the real deal.
10. What song can always make you smile, bring you out of a bad mood, or just get you out of a “funk”?
This won’t make any sense, but Garth Brooks’ “Ireland” is my all time favorite song to sing along with and I cannot be in a bad mood when it comes on. Am I listening to it right now? Yes.